Monday, September 23, 2013

My favorite transformation to date - Maple Hutch

Hello and Happy Fall,

I don't know about you, but I for one am more than excited to welcome Fall this week!  As a 40 year old woman, with the wrath of menopause coming on, fall and winter will be a wonderful change here in Northern California.

There have been many changes in the last few months, which I will save you from the boring details.  Needless to say, I have been way behind in my projects and updating this blog.  I have done my best to keep my Facebook up to date, so hopefully you have been getting those updates.

This next transformation was just finished last week.  I bought this Maple Hutch on craigslist about 3 months ago.  It is on wheels and in solid!  I used my custom chalk paint recipe (using Plaster of Paris).  The grey was a mistint I picked up at Lowe's for $5!  Gotta love that.  The white was one I used on a custom job I did a couple months ago (Valspar).

Without further ado...

Before


I took all the doors and hardware off, I wanted to spray paint the hardware black...and I think it made a huge difference with this piece.  


Here she is ready for her new home!  I put 3 coats of chalk paint on her and 3 coats of wax.  This piece will last for generations!  





No comments:

Post a Comment