Friday, June 28, 2013

Miss Mustard Seed's Tricycle Red Milk Painted Pressed Back Chair

4th of July is just around the corner...and it inspired me to do some bright colored chairs.  I used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Tricycle Red and Annie Sloan's Old Ochre Chalk Paint.  I started the first one (Red & White) with the intention of getting funky and doing a few different colors.  I ended up just painting one of the chairs the 2 colors (I am still planning on adding a 3rd color, possibly blue to some of the spindles).





I LOVE the solid red one!  It came out so good, that I might even paint a small wood pedestal table and 2 chairs the Tricycle Red!!  I used Annie Sloan's Dark Wax over the Tricycle Red Milk Paint and I love how deep and rich the color came out.  I didn't use bonding agent and these chairs had a slight shine to them, the wood just soaked the milk paint right up...no chipping at all (which is perfect).


Here are some pictures of the shop window at Second Hand Rose, in Lodi Ca.  Chris and I worked hard last week to bring 4th of July to life!!  What is your favorite way to decorate for Independence Day?







3 comments:

  1. Such a great space! I have the tricycle red and am hoping to use it this week on an old dresser :)
    I stumbled onto your blog from a party somewhere and have enjoyed your posts :) Added you to my bloglovin' feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy, Thank you so much for stopping by. I love the Tricycle Red! You will love it, it will be awesome on a dresser. I'd love to see it! Thank you for adding me to your RSS Feed!

      Delete
  2. What a fun display, and I love the Chairs! I would love for you to come link up to my Paint Party going on now http://startathome.blogspot.com/2013/07/paint-party.html
    Hope to see you there
Brooke
Start @ Home

    ReplyDelete