Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Plastic painted CHALK BOARD Easter eggs!!

Happy Tuesday...I have been busy doing lots of projects...I'll be sharing 4 of them with you this week.  I did a chippy nightstand for my bedroom, burlap carrots, and am starting a "Bedroom Make-Over" series that I will update as my bedroom design starts to come together.  I'll be sharing my bedroom before pictures with you this week.  ;)

And these painted plastic eggs...with chalkboard paint!!



So I was blog hopping this past weekend when I came across a post  on Daisy Mae Belle (wooden chalkboard painted eggs) about painting wooden Easter eggs with chalkboard spraypaint....but it got me thinking if plastic eggs would work. After all chalkboard paint is chalk paint...and chalk paint will stick to plastic.  I have liquid chalkboard paint...so it may adhere differently than the spray paint.

So, here's my series of pic's.  I think they speak for themselves...but if you want the tutorial for the spray painted wooden eggs, just click Daisy Mae Belle's link above.

Here' my plastic egg that I started with. I did quite a few, actually.

 photo DSC_0109_zps0e49d8a7.jpg photo DSC_0108_zpse0b68906.jpg


I used a can of Valspar Chalkboard paint that I have had for years.



Here's what they looked like after the first coat:



And after the 2nd coat...you could do 3 coats...but 2 was plenty for mine.


And here they are displayed with my music sheet covered/mod podge plastic eggs. Actually, I can't take the credit for the mod podge eggs...my 9year old daughter and a friend made them...how cute, huh?





Thank you stopping by...and have a great day.

Char


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! It worked on plastic! I actually did mine with wooden eggs. I hope to pull them out year after year! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...I was so excited when the chalkpaint adhered!! oh, you did them on wooden eggs. I don't know why i thought it said hard boiled eggs. lol Sorry about that! I'll fix my post! Looking forward to more of your holiday ideas! I am so glad i found your blog! Char

    ReplyDelete