Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grey & White Chalk painted dresser

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all are doing great!  I have been having lots of fun and painting away!  I have some great pieces in the works, I can't wait to share!



Here's a dresser I rescued from a Craigslist ad a couple weeks ago. It was in good structural shape but had some major veneer issues. Fixing the veneer issues had to be delt with first, and then it was on to the fun part.








I painted it using my custom chalk paint its a light linen color and an antique white. I highlighted the details by dry brushing the linen lightly on top. I painted the hardware with an oil rubbed bronze and then distresser them so the old vintagy gold would show through!  Then some distressing and and a wax finish and she's ready for someone's bedroom, bathroom, entry, guest room, well...you get the idea!  I love how this one turned out!  What do you think?

Here she is all dolled up!



This s what she was in her previous life, very nice...but too dark for my taste!



Here's an antique book case I picked up at a garage sale last Saturday. Be sure to head over to my Facebook page to get the latest projects in progress updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment